Poll: Release Bloodstained well polished. When? Jul 7, 2018 5:49:54 GMT -6
Post by Enkeria Gin on Jul 7, 2018 5:49:54 GMT -6
Vote with heart and mind
It will show how far you personally can stretch to make sure Bloodstained is as great as it can be without you feeling it's taking too much time.
Remember, answer with heart as well as mind, try to find a balance.
For me, I can wait 2020 personally. I have no issue about that, even though we do have patches as an option.
Reason: Personally, I feel it needs more polish, I do not see this being out in 2018, but what do you think?
Solutions: Get more people work on the game / Vacations / More asset creations (or free / fan-made ones) / More time (reason for this poll).
But think about the aftermath!
If short deadline
- If you honestly feel the game is near complete, then you should vote accordingly, and probably get an awesome game that might, or might not get heavily patched in the future (no official word about it). The choice you make is up to you and its fine either way.
- Releasing a game now would make people hungry for more, perhaps a Bloodstained 2, after ArtPlay have done a few other cool games or programs (apps).
- A release this close would also stay more true to the timefram ArtPlay probably have set for themselves. After all, a project needs to have an internal goal and not drag on "forever". Newssites and articles, content-creators etc. will hype the game, fans will rejoice.
If long deadline
- The game will be "finished", it will be a complete for sure if handled correctly.
- Even if the newssites will talk negative about the releasewindow being too far of, and even bring up #9 as an example (mighty number youknowwhat), the end results is what matter.
- After a year or so, the game will still be a fantastic piece of art post-release, and give many the fun-factor of adventure and details that Koji IGA Igarashi and his team (both old and new) are famous for. In the end, it would be according to his vision (and thus ... dare I say it..? Perfect!).
If short deadline
If long deadline
- Newssites might feel its an epic game, but rely heavily on some unpolished features that will drag the total score down. Wrong sites that have no clue about the legacy, nor Koji Igarashi, or aren't well informed might drag it down a bit too much simply because mechanics, features and/or graphics might not be to their liking. This of course is also a con even if it would have a long deadline.
- Fans will feel it feels unfinished and telling their friends to buy some other game instead.
- Newssites will surely take the releasedate, if its very far ahead, and make it into negative articles. As it would be suggested its in either limbo or any other "made-up" thing, resulting in making the fans worry and perhaps even get angry - perhaps even give up on the project.
- If the FANS want this, this would be the first piece of sourcematerial needed to get across to the newssites, so they would understand its a request from fans, and not something the developers want. Its vital to get this information across, if people feel it needs more time. And that might give us fans a bit more to chew on, and perhaps even make us defend the title - making it into a bad circle. And the talks about the #9 failure will continue, even though it have nothing to do with this project. *sigh
- Once the game is out, gamers and fans would change their minds, the sales would however be somewhat slow the first month or two - which is NOT good for the PM departments of 505 Games.
There are way more pros and cons which aren't written down up here, feel free to continue the discussions.
Thanks for the read.
Now, vote with your heart and mind. / Enkeria