Appreciation Thread - Things you like and want more of Jul 1, 2018 15:25:23 GMT -6 Torabi, Yän, and 4 more like this
Post by caer on Jul 1, 2018 15:25:23 GMT -6
So, as we all know, when giving feedback it is so very easy to take the good for granted and focus on suggestions for improvements. This is totally well and good, as that shows clearly what we think needs tweaking.
But! as angel-colux said in another thread, positive feedback is also helpful! It can give the developers more of an idea of what is clicking with people, so they can focus on that further as they build out the castle.
So let us use this thread to just list up and talk about things that were good about the demo. Anything that stood out as something you want more of. There's is nothing too small or too big and feel free to repeat yourselves.
I'll go ahead and say I had a blast playing. The core gameplay is exactly what I was hoping for, and I can't wait for the full game. I have tons of nitpicks, but that is for other threads.
- The joy of exploration was really on point. Secrets everywhere, and a wide variety of things to find.
- The Lion enemy felt really intimidating as he pushes you into the corner if you let him. The first fight felt really good with the harpies shooting at you. Also his death animation is glorious!
- Special attacks are back! And the Katana travel slash is ridiculously cool. Clearing out a corridor with it felt great. Especially the way everything stops the moment before you move.
- Accessories that affect gameplay directly, and not just stats. Longer-backdash-belt, speed-belt, a hat that regens magic, a scarf that makes you shoot faster! What's next, boots that discreetly increases height!? These make exploring even better, as there are more things to find that really stand out.
- Zangetsu was a really fun fight. He looked easy at first, but as soon as you get cocky he can knock you down hard. The fight lasted just long enough for me to be fun and not overstay its welcome.
- The Vepar shard was really impressive and certainly feels like a boss shard. With a bit of balancing, this would set an amazing precedent for making you look forward to bosses even more.
- I like the crack of the whip weapon when you strike enemies. I wouldn't mind if it was even louder.
- Having to lure an enemy into the iron maiden in the courtyard to pass it was a really fun environmental puzzle that I would like to see more of.
- I like the corridors with tons of enemies. It's a nice break from the slower more exploration-based core loop, and you get to really use all your stuff in satisfying ways. Extra plus when they contain lots of projectiles and tiny bats to dodge, but maybe that's just me