Update 57: 12 questions regarding it's content Dec 2, 2017 2:33:50 GMT -6 Galamoth and Redogan like this
Post by Pure Miriam on Dec 2, 2017 2:33:50 GMT -6
A kickboxing bunny?
Update 57 (look at it HERE) showed us a showcase of weapons and some costumes. It was quick, short, but "meaty" with good amount of content for us to dig in and comment about. It seems to be quite well received too. Regarding all that, it's time to make some questions about it and discuss some of it's revelations.
1) Do you think that fashion items will take up common equipment slots or they will just be cosmetic options at separate equipping slots (and possibly not offering any bonuses whatsoever)?
2) For now, we can assume the fashion items and common equipment are two different things (but maybe they aren't). Considering common equipment, that shows up at her graphic, such as headpieces and boots (as weapons) and also scarves, what are your thoughts regarding that, maybe, the game can have visual things that wouldn't be good looking for you, but would offer such great bonuses that you would feel forced to use it?
3) Would you like fashion items as DLC? (Paid Downloadable Content)
4) Some fashion items, like the bunny set or the maid headpiece, may be considered "too cute" for some, for a game that proposes itself to be gothic horror in nature. Do you think fashion items like that doesn't fit Bloodstained's overall atmosphere?
5) What are your considerations about sexy costumes (such as swimsuits, bikinis, revealing clothes)?
6) The Rapier shown at the video has flowers at it's handle. Flowers, crystals and stained glasses are a common theme at the game and that also can be seen at it's weapons form earlier concept arts. Of course, that also makes these weapons really unrealistic. What are your thoughts regarding this? Style over realism, or realism over style?
7) Knives and daggers, such as the one showed at the video, in most Igavanias, normally disappear after a while. You may find some good ones early-to-mid game and then, they just vanish. Do you think that all weapon types should have weapons during most of the game (like, all weapon types at early game, mid-game and end-game) to give the players the ability to use their favorite types through the whole game? Take in consideration that doing that requires resoucers, that could be used at making some weapons more unique and interesting than a myriad of less-detailed weapons in order to meet "all weapon types at all times" request.
8) Bloodstained has, officially confirmed, 5 basic damage elements: Fire , Ice , Light ,Dark , and Thunder/Lightning . It's expected that, besides the Fire Sword shown at the demon, Bloodstained will probably have at least one weapon for each element. Considering the game's massive size (being IGA's biggest castle) it's very possible that Bloodstained will have tons of weapons. Would you like if all weapon types had at least one weapon for each damage element? Like, one dagger for each element, one sword for each element, one whip for each element and such? Again, like question #2, this requires resources and has a huge chance of creating less-detailed and interesting weapons, killing some possibilities of creating more unique and interesting ones.
9) Bloodstained seems to have 5 status effects, considering it's icons at the game's menu: curse , poison , slow , stone and stop . Igavanias of the past had few weapons with such effects, like poisoned swords or stone-turning blades. Would you like if Bloodstained had weapons with all the effects above? Maybe at most or all weapon types? Again, like question #2 or #3, always have in mind that this requires resources and the killing of potentially unique weapons.
10) A Katana, like the one in the video, was elected blindly at the "sword VS whip" contest to be one of the "most dangerous weapon in the game", that probably means that a Katana will be Miriam's "signature" weapon (like Alucard Sword is for Alucard and Claim Solais is for Soma Cruz), do you think that was a good idea, or would you like the dev team to have explained what the "sword VS whip" voting in the past really was, to let backers vote properly at what weapon they would like to be the game's "most dangerous weapon"? If you could choose, would you change the Katana for something else?
11) Quick question about Axes and Lances / Halberds, like the Axe and Lance that was shown the video. Axes are normally slow and strong, while lances normally has a big range but are rather weak and also not very fast. Not much players seems to enjoy such weapons, because Igavania games is all about pacing and delivering the right attack at the right time. How do you think Axes and lances could be more interesting to be used?
12) As we all know, Morte has no Shard because it isn't a "full-fledged demon". That opens the possibility that some other enemies will also have no shard. Last update revealed a Giant Rat. Do you think the Giant Rat will have a shard? If yes, what type and what kind of shard could it be?
That's all folks!