I've compiled all the 'Castle Entrance' music(or the music that plays in first stage) for Igavania games here.
Circle of the moon
Harmony of Dissonance
Aria of Sorrow
Dawn of sorrow
Portrait of Ruin
Order of Ecclesia
ROTN (not confirmed as Castle Entrance yet?)
Which one do you like most?
These tracks reflect the atmosphere, characters, tone, seriousness, etc. pretty much everything in the game.
If graphics are a body then the songs are souls of the games.
- You can feel the coolness of Alucard in first song.
- Too bad I haven't played Circle of the Moon & Harmony of Dissonance yet so I can't describe that. T_T
- I think Aria & Dawn feel very similar in tone.
- Then you can feel the fun, light-hearted, adventurous in Portrait of Ruin.
- Order of Ecclesia... I don't know. I love this song but it feels too bright & cheerful for the atmostphere in the game.
- ROTN !! God! I don't know how to feel about this. It's just too different from all the above. Of course because it's from different composer (Yamada). I'm not sure if this is the mood of Miriam entering the castle. May be they'll use it for later stages, who knows...
Busterific: Is there an echo in here?
May 20, 2018 18:38:50 GMT -6
gho: wait so i just joined the forum because i almost forgot this was a thing. when does this release i was to broke to help with the kickstarter but this game is a dream come true for me.
May 21, 2018 0:46:44 GMT -6
ghaleon: I don't think there is an official release date yet. however the spin-off game is out in like 3 days
May 21, 2018 3:03:47 GMT -6
Enkeria Gin: No official date. Retro is out 3-4 days depending on timezone. Retro can be bought for around $10 / €10.
May 21, 2018 4:29:36 GMT -6
Redogan: OK, Army of the Night. Tell the truth...how many of you went back and played CVIII: Dracula's Curse once you saw the Curse of the Moon reveal? I know I did. Beat it with Trevor/Sypha.
May 21, 2018 11:47:04 GMT -6
Scars Unseen: I don't know why, but I have a bit of trouble getting back into the Oldvania games these days. They were some of my favorite games growing up(especially SCIV), but I just prefer the Igavanias so much more.
May 21, 2018 12:32:29 GMT -6
ghaleon: I remember renting and playing megaman 3 for the first time at my friend's house.. it didn't come with the instruction manual, and we didn't know you could slide since you can't in 1 and 2
May 21, 2018 21:46:26 GMT -6
ghaleon: So there was a stage where you had to slide to progress and we spent like an hour going wtf. so we were like. zomg. lets kill snake man first, and then we can slither past it! GENIUS! *headdesk*
May 21, 2018 21:46:57 GMT -6
ghaleon: Game troubleshooting/problem solving just isn't the same thanks to the internet =P
May 21, 2018 21:50:47 GMT -6
Galamoth: I remember going through the entirety of Mega Man 4 without knowing he could charge his default weapon, one time. Just rapid-fire away!
May 22, 2018 5:50:00 GMT -6
hellmont: We will all be playing a Bloodstained game the day after tomorrow
May 22, 2018 7:06:32 GMT -6
Brainiac: I might have to wait a little longer than that to have the time for it unless my download code arrives early. If so, I might be able to preset the download before I go to sleep and have it ready on my 3DS that morning. Breaks at work would be quite nice.
May 22, 2018 7:11:01 GMT -6